AGM Calling Notice
- Posted on Jul 20, 2018
We are pleased to inform you that this year’s AGM will take place at 14.00 on 18th of August 2018 at The Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa, 1 West Victoria Dock Road, Dundee DD1 3JP
The formal business of the AGM will comprise:
(1) the presentation of the annual report and accounts of the Society for the year end 31 March 2018; and
(2) resolutions to re-elect certain of the Trustees.
(3) a resolution to reappoint the auditors.
Helen Chappell’s three-year term as a Trustee comes to an end at the AGM. Helen is not seeking re-election; the Trustee Board would like to thank Helen for her service to the Society.
Chairman Elaine Healey, Vice Chairman John Phillips, Secretary Mirrick Koh and Trustees Yvonne Grant, Professor Nick Bishop and Professor Faisal Ahmed have all confirmed they are seeking re-election. Further details on each of them are set out on the Society’s website.
If the members elect the above named candidates to the Trustee Board, the Society will have nine Trustees, the minimum required by its Constitution. If the members vote against the election of any of these candidates, we will need to appoint (a) further trustee(s).
The following resolutions will be proposed at the AGM:
- To approve and accept the Society’s annual report and accounts for the year ended 31 March 2018
- To elect Elaine Healey as Chairman
- To elect John Phillips as Vice Chairman
- To elect Mirrick Koh as Secretary
- To elect Yvonne Grant as Trustee
- To elect Professor Nick Bishop as Trustee
- To elect Professor Faisal Ahmed as Trustee
- To appoint Bird Simpson as auditors for the year ending 31 March 2019.
We look forward to seeing you at the Conference!