2016 in Review
- Patient Days in Belfast, Dublin & Glasgow
- BBS Patron and grant slam Tennis Champion Jordanne Whiley appears for the first time with the BBS logo on her kit
- Rare Disease Day - members from across the UK attend events
- Professor Shaw is appointed Head of the MAB following Professor Bishops appointment to the BBS board of trustees
- Launched Instagram Account
- Launched BBS materials for Wishbone Day
- VOICE joined with the OIFE to host an European youth weekend in London
- NEW Awareness Film released on Wishbone Day reached over 62.4K people
- Wishbone Day Twibbon used by 2918 people
- Birmingham Patient Day
- Welcome OIFE President to BBS HQ
- National Metabolic Bone Disease Awareness Week - Alice shows the difference a year can make when you have OI, with our updated poster.
- BBS take part in Street Art Wullie, a Dundee wide event that took place in the home of BBS HQ which featured popular Scottish comic book character Oor Wullie.
- Conference Reading
- Live streamed talks to 244 people
- Launched Fundraising Film
- Held a series of online consultation for new BBS Projects
- Launched new BBS t-shirts
- Held Adult OI Services Consultation meeting
- Co-opted Angie Stewart & Gareth Cumming to Trustee Board
Not being ones to rest on our laurels, we already have lots we plan to achieve in 2017.
- Holding five Patient Day events, one in London, Bristol, Belfast, Dublin and Scotland.
- Hosting our Inaugural Scientific Symposium, an event designed for Healthcare Professionals where they can hear from some of the worlds leading OI specialists.
- Launching our new research grants programme, where will formally invite those carrying out research in OI to apply for funding.
- VOICE will return in April and this time we’re heading to Sheffield.
- Technology & Innovation in the world of OI is the theme of this years Conference. This year the event will be in Newcastle in the late summer.
- We’re still in the process of finalising our new Kids Club Hospital Packs - so watch out for them later in the year!
- We’ll also be unveiling the redesigned BBS website.
In the meantime – thank you so much for all your fundraising efforts and support in 2016, without which non of the above would be possible. We really appreciate it and look forward to your ongoing support for 2017.