Menu Close

Treatment and Care for Adults

An important part of managing OI and staying healthy is having a
good relationship with your GP and medical specialists.

The consultant who looks after OI in your area may be an Endocrinologist (hormone specialist) or a Rheumatologist (joint specialist).  Please see our Adult services page for a list of where your nearest Metabolic Bone Clinic is. Your GP or hospital consultant may recommend advice from other specialists such as orthopaedic surgeons, or neurologists if required. You may also need input from occupational therapists and physiotherapists.

This page lists some useful resources and talks in relation to general care in adult health.


Information about Osteogenesis Imperfecta
Adults with OI
Bisphosphonate Treatment

Ageing with OI


Mild OI Children and Adults


Transition and Adults


Adults with OI